Alloy Pittsburgh is a unique visual and performing arts project co-founded by Pittsburgh artists Sean Derry and Chris McGinnis. The project was developed in collaboration with the Rivers of Steel National Heritage Area and the Kipp Gallery at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Alloy Pittsburgh offers 15 artists from the greater Pittsburgh region the opportunity to develop temporary site-based artworks for the Carrie Furnace National Historic Landmark.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

2015 Participating Artist: Ricardo Robinson

Name: Ricardo Iamuuri Robinson
Hometown: Pittsburgh
Current Location/ Neighborhood: Pittsburgh, PA/ Friendship

Influential or Favorite Regional Artist: Sound and Time


Artist Statement:

I am an audio visual artist. My work explores the relationship between sound, image, object and place. I create sound compositions from foley and field recordings. I complement these arrangements with still photography, three-dimensional objects and motion pictures. My art process has led me through city streets and urban parks, abandoned factories and railroad tracks, ambient nights and bustling days. My audiovisual works of art are showcased in theaters, public spaces and galleries. I use an additional element of live performance to share the creative process with audiences, improvise and collaborate with fellow artists.

I make art both to share personal experiences and to address social problems. My inspirations include everything from childhood memories to todays popular headlines, the slant of light cast on a bridge to the sounds of gunfire. I share this blend of contrasting sounds and images to draw new lines of connection for audiences.  
My art is an invitation to a communal space where multiple perspectives and interpretations are in dialogue. Ultimately, I want my art to reconsider the past, recognize the present and remember the future.



Additional Links:


directed by: ricardo iamuuri

music composed and performed by: ricardo iamuuri


music composed by: ricardo iamuuri robinson

music composed and foley recordings by: ricaro iamuuri robinson

Ricardo Iamuuri Robinson


No comments:

Post a Comment